Types of Information We Collect
We collect information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- Information You Submit We may collect any information that you submit on the Platform. For example, if you submit an application to attend a program, we may collect information about your interests, occupation, educational background, and other information.
- Device Information For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Other Information If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly From You For example, when you register for a program, interact with our social media accounts or submit information to us.
- Passively For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform. For example, we may use Google Analytics on our Platform to obtain insights about traffic to our Platform and similar uses.
- From Third Parties We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from our business partners, including analytics vendors or philanthropic partners. It may also include receiving information from our affiliates.
- By Combining Information For example, we may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
How We Use Your Information
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Run and Improve Our Platform We may use your information to make our Platform and organization better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our organization.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions This may include responding to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You We may communicate with you about our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Marketing Purposes We may provide you with information about our organization, specific events, and our other initiatives. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes This could include protecting our organization and visitors to our Platform. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You
- As Requested or Directed By You
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally We may share your information with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliate entities.
- With Our Service Providers We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Partners For example, we may also share personal information with social media sites, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers for the purposes described in this Policy. We may also share personal information with companies that help us learn more about individuals who interact with our Platform.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Organization For example, if we merge with, are acquired by, or sell part of our organization to another entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You
- As Requested or Directed By You
Children Under 13
The Platform where this Policy is located is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 13, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has provided us with information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
Choices Regarding Your Information
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
- Marketing Communications You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications and newsletter. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including responses to your inquiries.
- Cookies: You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using. For more information on how to control browser cookies, click here. If information about your browser is not available through this page, please search your browser for instructions about how to opt-out of cookie collection.
- Google Analytics We may use Google Analytics on our Platform to help us understand how you use our Platform. You can learn about how to opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- Email Tools You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on our website, as some features may not be available. Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
Our Do Not Track Policy
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Options you select are browser and device specific.
Your Privacy Rights
Depending on your state or country of residence, you may have certain privacy rights under applicable law. You can request:
- Further details about the personal information we collect about you;
- Access to, rectification of, or deletion of certain personal information; or
- That we stop sharing or using your personal information in certain circumstances.
- If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us at email@example.com or at the address listed below.
- Note that we may take steps to verify your identity before processing your request. Where required by law, we may accept a privacy request from someone acting on your behalf; however, we may still contact you to verify that this individual is authorized to make the request for you.
- We strive to process privacy requests in compliance with applicable law. However, in some circumstances, we may not be legally required, or able, to comply with your request.
You can file a complaint with a local data protection authority or regulator regarding our processing of your personal information. That stated, if you have concerns or complaints, please let us know so we can work to address the issue.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control.
Storage of Information
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at the following address:
Digital Harbor Foundation
1045 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Changes in Policy
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.